About The Academy
Victorian International Academy is a leading training provider delivering nationally recognized courses from Hairdressing and Beauty Services and Community Services Training Packages.
A timeline history of VIA milestones:
- 2010 - First registered and a Registered Training Organisation
- 2011 - Given approval to deliver Certificate II and Certificate III in Hairdressing
- 2011 - Approved by the Victorian Department of Education to deliver government-funded training
- 2013 - Given approval to deliver Certificate IV and Diploma in Hairdressing
- 2014 - VIA was approved for CRICOS to deliver our Hairdressing qualifications to International Students
- 2017 - Approved to deliver Certificate III in Individual Support
- 2020 - Approved to deliver Certificate IV in Aged Care, Certificate IV in Disability & Diploma of Community Services
- 2021 - Approved to deliver Certificate III in Nail Technology, Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy, Certificate IV in Mental Health & Certificate III and Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
State of the art, ahead of the curve
VIA offers hairdressing and barbering apprenticeship training in your workplace and full-time or part-time nationally recognized Certificate ll, Certificate lll, Certificate IV, and Diploma non-traineeship courses. We also host Professional Development and refresher courses for qualified hairdressers in our Fitzroy Salon.
Our prevalent Certificate III in Hairdressing course is also held in other convenient locations around Melbourne to suit the needs of our students. Our current Hairdressing locations include Fitzroy, Campbellfield, Jacana, Laverton, Truganina, Coolaroo, Box Hill, Kingsbury.
Our Fitzroy Salon has been fitted out with modern furnishings and fittings. The library has a wide range of essential texts and students have class sets of textbooks/resources to use. Other facilities include computers with internet connection for students to research projects and free wireless network access in all common areas. Our Salon facilities include:
Large operating salon for student experience
Specialist color room
The luxurious basin training area
Fashion show space
Professional makeup bar
Student locker & catering facilities
Student learning library
Caring in our community
In 2017, VIA saw the need for quality training in Community Services and broadened our scope to include Certificate III in Individual Support. This course is delivered both in the workplace as a traineeship or as a non-traineeship blending classroom learning with a minimum of 120 hours of practical work placement in an aged or disability care facility. To suit the needs of our students, our Individual Support course is held in convenient locations around Melbourne, including Coolaroo, Sunshine, Lalor, and Vermont.
Victorian International Academy uses the services of agents/brokers to recruit students. Click here to find a list of brokers.
Refer to Statement of Fees for more information.