DECEMBER 2020 UPDATE
We're pleased to report that our students have been able to return to face-to-face classes after the lockdown and are excitedly getting some great practical training done. Please visit our Facebook page to see our fabulous students back at classes: https://www.facebook.com/Victorianinternationalacademy/
With the further easing of restrictions, VIA strongly recommend that all students, trainers, staff and clients wear face masks when they can't keep 1.5 meters apart while at class, our salons and work, and continue to maintain good hand hygiene and regular cleaning and stay home if they are unwell.
Victorian International Academy would like to reassure our students that we are carefully following the government advice regarding the COVID-19 restrictions and have implemented our COVIDSafe Plan at all locations. Under COVIDSafe Summer restrictions, adult education settings are open and are not subject to density limits in their learning/classroom spaces. Density limits of one person per two square metres apply to staff areas, such as lunchrooms, and areas accessed by the public, such as reception areas signage indicates the maximum number of members of the public that may be present in the space at a single time. Victorian International Academy has provided face masks, sanitisers and disinfectants to all our locations for the protection of all in our community.
To keep everyone safe and allow us to continue our training, please follow the COVIDSafe principles:
1. Ensure physical distancing – keep 1.5 metres distance from each other where possible
2. Wear a face covering – unless eating (keep more than 1.5 metres distance when eating)
3. Practise good hygiene – wash or sanitise hands frequently, clean hand rails, light switches, door handles
4. Keep records and act quickly if workers become unwell – sign the Attendance Sheet, don’t come to class if sick
5. Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces – keep doors open or air-conditioning on where possible, keep face masks on when you can’t be 1.5 meters apart
6. Create bubbles – only come to class on your scheduled day, no additional classes at this time
For students enrolled in the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support course, the Department of Health has advised that students can resume the 120 hours of mandatory work placement, the Public Sector Residential Aged Care (PSRAC) services that have been approved by DHHS can recommence student clinical placements, subject to additional guidance from DHHS.
Placements in aged care settings should be prioritised to enable graduation from a course or to avoid critical aged care workforce shortages. For more information please visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/tafe-and-training-operations
Student may also register to undertake the Department of Health's COVID-19 infection control training: and Workers in Aged, Disability, Home Care, Individual Support and Retail workers may also enrol in Victorian International Academy's Free Infection Control Skill Sets* (*subject to meeting eligibility criteria, funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian Government). https://victorianacademy.com.au/courses/
For our International Students, please continue to get the most up-to-date information by regularly speaking to us, checking your emails and checking our Facebook page and website. As advised, there are also other sources of support including;
- Visit Study in Australia website to see a list of coronavirus (COVID-19) information pages for universities, TAFEs and schools.
- Read Study Melbourne's COVID-19 advice
- Visit Study in Australia for additional information and advice about health, education, travel and visas.
- The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides information about coronavirus (COVID-19) in many languages.
- The Department of Home Affairs website: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/staying-australia#6
If you have any concerns or any questions, please contact us during business hours on 03 9416 4558 or outside of business hours on our mobile 0437 014 772 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe and please stay in contact with us.
Victorian International Academy considers you a local student if you are:
- An Australian citizen, or
- A holder of a permanent visa, or
- A New Zealand citizen.
Victorian International Academy considers you an international student if you are intending to study on a student visa.
Victorian International Academy values your privacy, please refer to our policy for how we use your information.